Have you been looking for a soup with a fresh flavour that can warm up and soothe the soul? This soup blender is fast and easy to make and can even accommodate up to 8 servings. Healthy and nutritious yet delightfully tasty, this soup is perfect for family night dinners by the fireplace as you enjoy the cool breeze of spring.
|3 large||Peeled and diced potatoes|
|1 cup||250 ml||Diced celery|
|1 large||Sliced thin onion|
|1||Thinly sliced leek|
|1 whole clove||Garlic|
|1 ½ cups||375 ml||Boiling water|
|1 ½ cups||375 ml||Chicken stock|
|2 tsp||10 ml||Salt|
|¼ tsp||1 ml||Pepper|
|2 cups||500 ml||Spinach|
|2 cups||500 ml||Iceberg lettuce (torn)|
|1 cup||250 ml||Watercress leaves|
|2 cups||500 ml||Milk|
- In a saucepan, place the potatoes, celery, onions, leek, and garlic.
- Then add the water, chicken stock, and bring to a boil adding in salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and turn down the heat and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Add in the lettuce, spinach, and watercress, cover it up again, and allow to simmer for an added 15 minutes.
- Pour them in (a little at a time) the blender until smooth. Mix in the milk and then, bring them back to the saucepan and let it reach the boiling point. Or if you have a hand blender, you don’t need to go through the switching of the blender to saucepan process.
- Pour on a ceramic bowl, sprinkle some croutons on top.