Are you someone that wants toned and defined arms, but not a fan of dumbbells? Well, you’re in luck, because there is Bodyweight Exercise. There are many arm workouts that don’t require any equipment. Besides, it would be easier that way. You can achieve tone and definition in your arms without investing in super expensive weights or other equipment. If you don’t want that kind of trouble, you don’t have to have it. In fact, here are 5 moves that only require you to have a ready body and an eager mind.
Here’s your plan for Bodyweight Exercise for Toned Arms
Do each exercise as many times as instructed.
After you complete them all, take a rest and go through the sequence once more.
For better results, complete the sequence a third time to feel the change the next morning.
1. Punching Exercise
How to perform punches correctly
• Start with spreading your feet just a few inches past shoulder width. Bend your knees slightly. To keep yourself in balance, tighten your abdominal muscles.
• With one arm at a time, punch in the forward direction.
Increase the pace and intensity for 60 seconds.
2. Three-Point PushUp
How to perform a three-point push-up correctly
• Start with getting on your hands and knees. Lift and extend your leg out behind you.
• Keep your leg straight and bend your arms as you lower yourself into the push-up position. Bring yourself back up by straightening your arms and repeating.
Do this 5 times. Each time you should have one leg out at a time. As you get stronger and used to this exercise, add more reps.
3. The Side Plank
How to properly perform a full side plank correctly
• Start with lying on the ground. Your feet should be stacked, along with your shoulders stacked on your hands.
• Raise yourself up into a side plank position. Make sure that you are keeping your stomach engaged. Your feet should remain stacked as well. Do the same on the other side.
Hold this position for 30 seconds on each side.
A yoga mat isn’t a requirement. Although, it does help with comfort. Especially for those that have fragile and sensitive wrists or joints. You should consider using a non-slip mat.
4. The Walking Push-Up
How to do a walking push-up correctly
• Begin with placing both hands on your mat. They should be just a few inches apart from each other. Extend your legs out into a plank position and keep your core tight and engaged.
• Bring your right hand and your right foot to the side of you and lower yourself down into a push-up. Make sure that your elbows are bent to your sides as you lower your chest to the ground. Bring yourself up by pressing into your arms and straightening them. Bring your arm and your foot back to the position you were in at the beginning and do the same thing on the other side.
Repeat this for 5 times total on each side. That will be 10 push-ups.
5. Tricep Dips
How to perform a tricep dip correctly
• Begin with sitting down in a chair. Your knees should be bent and your feet flat on the ground. Keep your hands right under your shoulders and your fingers and feet facing the same direction as well. Lift your center up.
• Bend your elbows back and use your arms to raise yourself back up again.
Perform this exercise 12-15 times total. Your core and glutes should be tight and engaged during this whole exercise.
Let us know if you have tried Bodyweight Exercise for toning your arms and if so, how it is working for you. Our readers are looking for information on ways to improve their health and looks.
From the pages of WikiHow: How to Get Toned Arms
A helpful article by Dr. Axe: Benefits of Body Weight Exercise
10 Bonus Exercises For Toning Your Arms
Courtesy of HealthLine
According to the American Council on Exercise, combining cardio, strength training, and a healthy diet is a great way to reduce your body fat. These first 7 exercises will help you elevate your heart rate, strengthen your arms, and at the same time, reduce your body fat.
BONUS EXERCISE: ARM SLIDE
Arm slides are one of the best triceps and core exercises.
Kneel with your hands on both sliders. Place a mat under your knees to make this more comfortable, especially if you have sensitive knees or you’re on a hard floor.
BONUS EXERCISE: BALL SLAMS
This is essentially a plyometric movement that gives you great benefits with strain. This exercise works the full body and adds cardio to the workout as well.
BONUS EXERCISE: DUMBBELL BENCH PRESS
Weight is not a factor in this exercise. The exercise alone builds muscles and reduces the arm to arm imbalances. This exercise works on delts, triceps, and lats as well.
BONUS EXERCISE: BICEP CURLS WITH BANDS
One of the best exercises for toning without muscle building to retain a feminine appearance but having a strong toned arm.
BONUS EXERCISE: TRX BARBELL ROWS
This is a great program for upper back, shoulder and arm exercise all in one program.
BONUS EXERCISE: NARROW PUSH-UP
Start in a plank position with your hands directly under your shoulders and your fingers pointing forward.
BONUS EXERCISE: BATTLE ROPES
Burn fat, increase your cardiovascular endurance, and tone your arms all at once with these ropes. Not only will they raise your heart rate and get you sweating, but they’ll also improve your core and shoulder strength.
|Courtesy of the National Health Service of the UK
These last 3 exercises are meant to banish those flabby upper arms for good. These arm-strengthening exercises tone your triceps, the muscle above your elbow.
BONUS EXERCISE: PRESS-UPS
Press-ups use your body weight to exercise arms much as regular pushups but done more slowly for added bodyweight benefits. Exercise arms, core, and back.
BONUS EXERCISE: CLOSE-GRIP WALL PUSH-UPS
This exercise targets your triceps and is a great way to do pushups if getting up and down for regular pushups is a problem and yields much the same results.
BONUS EXERCISE: BENCH DIPS
Great bodyweight exercise for core, triceps, shoulders, and back.